Over the years, Manbulloo’s Managing Director Marie Piccone has had many opportunities to perfect this seasonal, summer salad. When you think Aussie summer – what flavours would you rather combine than mango, prawns, avocado and macadamias?
Both Kensington Pride and R2E2 mango varieties are perfect for this recipe.
- 12 large tiger prawns, cooked and peeled
- 1 Kensington Pride or R2E2 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 Hass avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- A few handfuls of fresh lettuce leaves of your choice
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 150g fetta, crumbled
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 lemon rind finely grated
Arrange salad leaves in a large serving bowl. Layer with prawns, mango pieces, capsicum, cherry tomatoes, onion, macadamia nuts and fetta. Whisk dressing ingredients together and drizzle over salad.