There are a lot of things to love about this recipe. To start with, there’s barely any cooking involved (translation: hard-to-stuff-up). It’s also quick to put together and a winner with the kids. Although tacos can sometimes be overly greasy and cheesy little numbers, this recipe is basically healthy and entirely cheese-free!
It’s one of our favourite recipes to enjoy on a hot summer night – particularly when eaten outdoors and shared with friends and family.
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3-4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, quartered
- brown rice, blue corn or white corn tortillas
- 1 Kensington Pride mango, peeled and diced
- 1 Hass avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander, finely chopped
- 1 large red chilli, de-seeded, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Combine garlic powder and paprika with diced chicken pieces until evenly coated. Heat olive oil in a non-stick fry pan and cook chicken pieces for 5 minutes on each side or until done.
- While chicken is cooking, combine salsa ingredients in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Warm tortillas in the oven or a microwave. Top with chicken and salsa. Garnish with radish and a squeeze of lime.