raw mango cheesecake
As far as health food crazes go – few have been more popular in recent years than the beautiful, vibrant, exotic and above all – delicious - acai bowl. Acai berries originate from the amazon rainforests and are packed full of healthy antioxidants. Whilst they look amazing on any Facebook or Instagram feed, those suckers can set you back a pretty penny at any popular café – often priced at $12 or more.
So, we’ve included our own ‘make it at home’ version to save you from paying top dollar. The best thing about acai bowls is that they taste amazing topped with any seasonal fruit. During summer, we love to serve ours with fresh mango, blueberries and any kind of crunchy muesli.
- ½ cup frozen mixed berry
- 1 frozen banana, chopped
- 1 packet acai puree (or 3-4 tsp of acai powder)
- 3 tbsp. rolled oats
- 2/3 cups almond, rice or macadamia milk
- ½ Kensington Pride mango, diced
- ½ punnet blueberries
- Toasted muesli
- (Pictured) coconut flakes, bee pollen, goji berries, buckinis, cacao nibs
- Blend mixed berries, banana, acai puree or powder, oats and milk together until thick and smooth
- Top with Kensington Pride mango, blueberries, muesli and anything else you want!
There are a lot of things to love about this recipe. To start with, there’s barely any cooking involved (translation: hard-to-stuff-up). It’s also quick to put together and a winner with the kids. Although tacos can sometimes be overly greasy and cheesy little numbers, this recipe is basically healthy and entirely cheese-free!
It’s one of our favourite recipes to enjoy on a hot summer night – particularly when eaten outdoors and shared with friends and family.
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3-4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, quartered
- brown rice, blue corn or white corn tortillas
- 1 Kensington Pride mango, peeled and diced
- 1 Hass avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander, finely chopped
- 1 large red chilli, de-seeded, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Combine garlic powder and paprika with diced chicken pieces until evenly coated. Heat olive oil in a non-stick fry pan and cook chicken pieces for 5 minutes on each side or until done.
- While chicken is cooking, combine salsa ingredients in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Warm tortillas in the oven or a microwave. Top with chicken and salsa. Garnish with radish and a squeeze of lime.