One of the great things about an Aussie summer is that we’re spoilt for choice when it comes to the availability of delicious tropical fruits. The coconut and mango flavour combo is one of our favourites – especially when it comes to frozen treats! This simple recipe is both creamy and refreshing and perfect for an after school (or work) snack.
Fruit-based popsicles are not only super tasty and easy to make – they’re also a healthy alternative to most frozen after-school snacks. We recommend making this recipe with the kids help – that way they can take the reins after the first batch as we can guarantee they’ll want seconds!
You can add a squeeze of honey to the mixture for a little extra sweetness or dip the popsicles in desiccated coconut or coconut chips after removing from the mould for added crunch!
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 Kensington Pride mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- Whiz up mango diced pieces until smooth.
- Mix vanilla, maple syrup and coconut milk in a mixing bowl.
- Pour mixture in popsicle moulds, starting with mango then coconut mixture for a marble effect.
- Place a popsicle stick in the centre of each mould.
- Place in freezer overnight to set.