Kensington Pride mangoes are undoubtedly a favourite Aussie summertime fruit. At Manbulloo, we’re always looking for yummy new mango recipes that are not only healthy, but also work well in the summer heat. This chia pudding recipe is not only perfect for breakfast or dessert during the hot summer months, but also happens to be simple to make and super healthy.
Chia seeds have received a lot of attention in recent years for their ‘superfood’ status and popularity among health-conscious consumers. In fairness, chia sees are a great source of fibre, plant protein, Omega-3 fatty acids and other essential nutrients such as calcium, magnesium and phosphorous. The little suckers have also been linked to reducing the risk of heart disease and diabetes.
A fun fact about chia seeds is that they can absorb over 10 times their weight in water - which makes them perfect for healthy breakfast pudding or dessert recipes such as this.
- 1 cup coconut milk (can substitute for almond, macadamia or rice milk)
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp honey or rice malt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 fresh Kensington Pride mango, peeled and diced
- 1 passionfruit
- Coconut chips
- Add chia seeds to a mixing bowl or Tupperware container. Slowly stir in the coconut milk, honey and vanilla extract. Cover with lid or cling wrap and place in fridge for at least 2 hours to set.
- Dice Kensington Pride mango. To serve, layer chia mixture with died mango pieces and top with coconut chips and passionfruit pulp.