This is a dish that toes the line between sweet and savoury to perfection. This traditionally Italian recipe is usually served with peaches rather than mangoes, but the formula of the dish works beautifully with the sweetness of seasonal, ripe Kensington Pride mangoes.
This recipe is simple and quick to prepare and is guaranteed to impress as an entrée at any dinner party or summertime gathering. You can also play around with ingredient substitutes until the cow’s come home. We’ve used thyme and walnuts this time, but the recipe also works well with rosemary or basil leaves and pine nuts.
- 3-4 ripe Kensington Pride mangoes
- 8 slices fresh buffalo mozzarella
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 1 bunch thyme
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp balsamic glaze
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Hold each Kensington Pride mango length ways and slice down each side as close to the seed as possible.
- Brush the mango flesh of each cheek with coconut sugar. Heat olive oil in a non-stick grill pan.
- Place mango cheeks on grill pan and cook for approximately 10 minutes on medium heat or until golden brown.
- Top with buffalo mozzarella, walnuts and thyme. Drizzle with balsamic glaze to serve.