As far as health food crazes go – few have been more popular in recent years than the beautiful, vibrant, exotic and above all – delicious - acai bowl. Acai berries originate from the amazon rainforests and are packed full of healthy antioxidants. Whilst they look amazing on any Facebook or Instagram feed, those suckers can set you back a pretty penny at any popular café – often priced at $12 or more.
So, we’ve included our own ‘make it at home’ version to save you from paying top dollar. The best thing about acai bowls is that they taste amazing topped with any seasonal fruit. During summer, we love to serve ours with fresh mango, blueberries and any kind of crunchy muesli.
- ½ cup frozen mixed berry
- 1 frozen banana, chopped
- 1 packet acai puree (or 3-4 tsp of acai powder)
- 3 tbsp. rolled oats
- 2/3 cups almond, rice or macadamia milk
- ½ Kensington Pride mango, diced
- ½ punnet blueberries
- Toasted muesli
- (Pictured) coconut flakes, bee pollen, goji berries, buckinis, cacao nibs
- Blend mixed berries, banana, acai puree or powder, oats and milk together until thick and smooth
- Top with Kensington Pride mango, blueberries, muesli and anything else you want!